3/4/2014 7:53:12 AM
Ten Things Christians Will Not Do
1. Christians will not boast in their religion because they exchanged it for an eternal relationship with Christ (Heb. 13:5).
2. Christians will not receive the Eucharistic Christ because we received the true Christ at conversion and now live in permanent union with Him (Rom. 6:5).
3. Christians will not confess to an earthly priest because we have a perfect High Priest in heaven (Heb. 4:14-15).
4. Christians will not submit to the pope as head of the church, because Jesus is our Head (Eph. 5:23).
5. Christians will not follow unbiblical traditions of men because we have a more sure word (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:19).
6. Christians will not earn indulgences for the remission of sin because Jesus paid the eternal sin debt with His perfect and sufficient sacrifice (Heb. 7:27; 9:12).
7. Christians will not participate in the ongoing sin-offering of the Eucharistic Christ on an altar because Jesus finished the work of our redemption (John 19:30).
8. Christians will not pray to Mary and the Saints because Jesus is the one mediator to God and He has given us access to Him (1 Tim. 2:5; Heb. 4:16).
9. Christians will not have unity with Roman Catholics because we have been sanctified by the truth and will not be unequally yoked with unbelievers (2 Cor. 6:14-18; John 17:3).
10. Christians will not bow down to Catholic statues, icons and the Eucharist because it is the sin of idolatry (1 Cor. 10:14).